The Lachine portion of Meadowbrook’s designation has been changed from “residential” to “large green space or recreational” (similar to what Côte-St.-Luc did in 2000). Meadowbrook can now be rezoned and will be protected from development.
The Montreal Urban Agglomeration Land Use and Development Plan for the next 10 years was unveiled January 22 at a press conference held by Mayor Coderre and Mayor Copeman.
The plan needs to be adopted by the Montreal Municipal Council and the Montreal Urban Agglomeration Council.
Our heartfelt thanks to all who supported our efforts over the last 25 years! And, a special thanks to the hard-working and dedicated SOS Meadowbrook steering committee members past and present.
- Entire Meadowbrook now protected - NDG Free Press
- Is overdevelopment just par for the course? – The Link
- Radio CKUT – February 2015 (commence à 39:00)
- CSL files motion to dismiss developer’s lawsuit – The Suburban Jan. 28 2015
- Meadowbrook supporters pleased – Montreal Gazette
- Montreal-gives-meadowbrook-green-designation – Montreal Gazette
- City a step closer – CTV
- Land will be preserved – CBC
- Un nouveau plan – 24
- Le plan de Montréal – Métro
- La Presse video
- Nouveau plan pour Montréal – TVA
- Meadowbrook sera protégé – Le devoir
CRE-Montreal: Un incontournable pour la trame verte et bleue